So, awhile back, I posted about feels triggers. (as did Eowyn and Jane) Those things I posted about still give me feels on a regular basis, but I’m always gaining new fandoms, latching onto new things, so what gives me major attacks of feels one day may not influence me so much the next. Anyway, I’m going to talk about the things that currently have me all semi-depressed and feelsy on a regular basis. (I don’t know if Eowyn or Jane’ll be doing these posts as well – I just put my name in the post title so you wouldn’t have to wait till the very end of the post to figure out who exactly’s writing :))
- Combat! – FEEEEEEEEEELS. EVERYWHERE. Ugh. There’s too much I could say about this show and I won’t dump all that on you, but I’ll just say…be warned. Don’t even think about watching any episodes unless you’re absolutely sure you want the whole thing to break your heart and crush your soul. It’s not all doom and depression and hopelessness, but there’s enough to make a ‘sad is happy for deep people’ person, well, happy. I recommend watching ‘Hills Are For Heroes’, ‘The Hostages’, ‘Glow Against The Sky’, ‘Bridgehead’, and ‘Survival’ if you want to enter the…interesting world of Combat! feels. (at least for starters) And if you want happiness, watch ‘The Town That Went Away’, ‘The Party’, and ‘The Prisoner’. Simple as that.
- Unbroken – As Eowyn and I have discussed, ‘feels’ is too petty of a word to describe what I feel toward Unbroken. For one thing, it’s a true story. An amazing true story about, among other things, how God can work behind-the-scenes and turn a life around for His glory. From what I’ve heard of the film, Angelina Jolie barely touched on Louis’ conversion, which I think is a crying shame. If he hadn’t gotten saved, there wouldn’t be a story. So read the book before you watch the film. But, again, be warned. It will consume your EVERYTHING. (check out my review of Unbroken here)
- Songs In The Night (series) – Oh, man. This series is just…amazing and intense and practically perfect in every way. I’ve read it several times (in the middle of re-reading it right now) and it never gets old. I’ve got the stories memorized (basically), I know the characters so well that they’re almost like close friends, and the stupid thing never fails to make me cry. REALLY cry. Several times. I CAN’T EVEN WITH THESE BOOKS. No-one besides my mom has read all three (and she read them a pretty long time ago), so I kind of feel like it’s my own, personal little thing that I don’t want anyone else to discover. Does that make sense? Probably not, but it’s how I feel. (check out my review of the second book, His Watchful Eye, here)
- Saints And Soldiers – I key-smashed about all my feels for this movie in my review, so I won’t reiterate all of that. Short version: this film is near perfection for a fangirl – super feelsy, awesome characters, interesting story. If you’re a fan of war movies, you’ll love it.
- WWII In General – That’s how I roll these days. Everyone else is freaking out over Mockingjay Part 1 and I’m just sitting here with my super-obscure fandoms and no-one to share The Feelz with. *sigh* (not that I mind all THAT much)
P.S. Eowyn and I have decided between ourselves to make the ‘the awesomeness that is…’ posts a semi-regular thing. Both guy and girl characters if at all possible. Just a little news flash there 🙂